It is AMAZING!! You would never know that it was meat free, of course you can some meat if you want to. I think chicken would go lovely with this or even some bacon strips.
Unbelievably it is also FREE of syns!! I was honestly amazed at how tasty and satisfying this dish is.
Baked Eggs with Spinach, Pepper and Tomato
Ready in approx 40 minutes
400gm new potatoes, thickly sliced
Low calorie cooking spray
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 orange pepper, deseeded and cut into small chunks
400gm can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
400gm can of chopped tomatoes with herbs
1-2 tbsp or Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
4 medium eggs
handful of basil to garnish
- Boil the potatoes for approximately 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Whist the potatoes are cooking spray and large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray. PLace over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and peppers. Stir fry until softened.
- Mix in the beans and cooked potatoes. Then add the tomatoes, passata and Worcestershire sauce to taste. Season well and simmer mixture for 10-12 minutes, or until sauce thickened.
- Stir through the spinach and allow to wilt down. Make 4 shallow wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each well. Either cover pan with lid and allow eggs to cook or pace pan under a hot grill till eggs are cooked to your licking.
- Garnish with a handful of basil leaves.
|How amazing does this look??|