Sunday 25 January 2015

My New Hobby - Hooked On Crochet

For one my New Years resolutions this year I decided that I wanted to try a new craft.
I love scrap-booking, card making,  cross-stitching and have even tried my hand at knitting but never really got the hang of it.

In the run up to Christmas last year I saw loads of cute ideas on pintrest for crochet decorations and thought I`d give it a go. I decided to grab a crochet magazine and learn from there but was amazed that the cheapest was £7.99!!! £7.99 for a magazine and a few basic pieces of crochet equipment..I dont think so!!

I then realised that I have the brilliant youtube to teach me. So I went to my local haberdashery store and grabbed myself a crochet hook for £1 and a ball of yarn for £1.




What I didn`t realise is just how many different video tutorials on learning crochet there are. After watching a few which all had different methods to get the same result I decided to go with a channel called Bella Coco, she explained everything really clearly and I managed to get the hang of it quite quickly.

I have to admit that I love doing crochet and this is now my new thing to do, its great, its a stress reliever and the best bit is that as my hands are busy I can`t eat of an evening!!!







I have only grasped the basics so far and My completed squares are a bit scraggly but am looking forward to being able to create some cool things for myself, family and home in the neat future.

My first project is going to be creating a nice blanket for my bedroom, once that is done I have seen a lovely chunky wave scarf...you never know I may actually have it finished in time for this Autumn/Winter!!


I`d love for you to share your crochet creations with me to give me some inspiration.

Here is the video I`ve learnt from.



1 comment:

  1. Aw thats fab, I really wish I had the time and patience to learn a new skill like this!! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete