At the beginning of the week I was very apprehensive about how I would be able to change my habits and routines of using disposable; but after an admitted hard first few days the last few days have been a breeze and it has been a joy to use them
I think that the cloth nappy world have a new member!!
After my first disaster day which has been deleted from my memory I tried all nappies for the week, below is a quick summary of each nappy`s best features and how I honestly found each brand that was sent to me.
I have to admit that I have been using disposables at night and the cloth nappies during the day, this is because Benjamin has only just got back into a decent sleeping pattern after a really bad cold and teething so didn't want to give him a reason to wake wet in the night. Once I feel more confident with the nappies I will definitely be trying them at night.
Here we go!!
Tots Bots Easyfit V4
- An all-in-one system , with Velcro fastening and popper adjustments.
- Integral bamboo insert with an added extra insert that boosts absorbency for longer periods or overnight
- I loved this nappy and found the fact that you could add an extra booster great as Benjamin can be a prolific wee`er!!
- The Velcro fastening made it feel just like a disposable and was so easy that even my mum at first attempt managed it no problem. A definite favourite for me, plus the pattern was really cute.
- No leaks!!
- One size fits all due to unique `bra strap` like leg adjustment system allowing use from birth to potty training.
- Hybrid nappy so can use reusable or disposable inserts.
- Comes with extra reusable booster inserts to increase absorbency for longer periods of wearing or overnight.
- Popper fastening system.
- I found using the popper system to close the nappy very awkward as Benjamin is a wriggler during nappy changes. However over the last few days it has become easier so am not worried about them now, just practice is needed!!!
- Popper style fastening system
- Highly elasticated waist to ensure good fit
- Features suede cloth lining to trap moisture quickly
- I found these nappies dried really quickly, to be honest they were almost dry when they came out of the washing machine so only needed about 15 minutes on the line.
- Again I found the poppers tricky to begin with but got the hang of them quickly.
- No leaks!
- All in one nappy, no extra inserts needed.
- Velcro fastening system with popper leg adjustments.
- Waterproofing built in.
- Integrated absorbent insert with unique pull out tab system for easy washing and drying and a cleverly designed tuck in pocket to easily insert absorbent core back into nappy.
- This nappy is definitely one of my favourites, its so easy to use with the Velcro fastening and I love the tabs to help when reinserting the cores back in the nappy.
- No leaks!!
- Combines an all-in-one nappy but has the option to add extra absorbent cores as necessary.
- Extra cores are secured by popper onto integrated core.
- Popper fastening system.
- I liked the look of this nappy and liked that you can secure the extra cores onto the nappy.
- The fir was good and adjustments are made my poppers on the front.
- My only bugbear with this nappy is that it doesn't seal like a normal nappy. The tabs from the back of the nappy secure under the front rather than over the front of the nappy; so the tabs become wet with urine???????
- We have had a few accidents with this nappy but probably due to me not doing it up tight enough.
- Classed as a two-in-one,
- Can have disposable or reusable soaker pads.
- One size shell fits all sizes from birth to potty training.
- Soaker pads are secured in nappy by poppers.
- This nappy has me in a dilemma...I love the fact that you can just remove the wet/soiled soaker pad and reuse the shell until it is dirty or wet BUT I found that because the soaker pads are so absorbent that they took a stupid and I mean STUPID amount of time to dry!! I put them in the tumble dryer on low for 60 minutes and were still damp!!
- Saying that I think that this is my favourite of all the nappies tested do far.
- A true classic in the cloth nappy world as was introduced over 10 years ago.
- One of the cheapest cloth nappy systems around.
- Velcro fastening.
- A very simple nappy to use, just layer up the desired amount of fleece inserts and you are on your way!!
- To enhance the waterproofing of the nappy a waterproof wrap can be added.
- I love the look and ease of these nappies but found it to be the bulkiest of them all, leaving Ben walking with a definite waddle!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at The Nappy Guru`s and the Fill Your Pants team for giving me the chance to try these nappies. And to my personal Nappy Guru Rachel who took the time to explain to me how each nappy worked.
With out all of your help I would never of come to realise how easy switching to cloth would be!!!!!
I highly recommend anyone to give cloth nappies a go, they are not as hard and scary as they first seem.