Thursday 19 February 2015

Cheesy Pasta Bolognase Bake

Since starting my Slimming World journey one of the main things that I miss is cheesy sauces on my pasta bakes.

Not any more!! I realised that I could blend a tin of macaroni cheese and pour it over the top of my pasta. The syn value may be increased as I have` tweeked` the product as I have blended it smooth but I`m sure that it cant be too high, I feel it is definitely worth it as it tastes soooo good. I worked it out that for a 410gm tin it has 7 syns and divided into 5 portions then its about 1.5 syns each portion. Plus the cheese and milk, which can be either your healthy choice a or syned. I`d take a guess at each serving having approximately 3 syns each.


Cheesy Pasta Bolognase Bake - Serves approx 5, 

Syn Value - approx 3 syns per serving

Ingredients

200gm 5% lean mince
1x tin of macaroni cheese
200ml of skimmed milk
1x tin of baked beans
1x tin of chopped tomatoes
1x clove of garlic, chopped
1x small onion, diced
A big helping of mixed veg or any veg you want to add
2x beef stock cubes
80gm grated cheddar cheese
500gm dried pasta of your choice

Method


  1. Sweat down the garlic and onions
  2. Add and brown off the mince.
  3. Mix in tomatoes, baked beans, vegetables and stock cubes.
  4. Simmer together slowly for apporx 20 minutes or till juices have thickened
  5. Meanwhile cook pasta as per packet instructions.
  6. Blend the tin of macaroni cheese with a hand blender with the milk.
  7. Place bolognase and pasta in apporprately sized dish and mix together.
  8. Pour blended macaroni cheese and milk mixture over pasta bolognase.
  9. Top dish with grated cheese.
  10. Cook at 200 till cheese bubbling and brown.
  11. Serve with salad or more vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment