Not any more!! I realised that I could blend a tin of macaroni cheese and pour it over the top of my pasta. The syn value may be increased as I have` tweeked` the product as I have blended it smooth but I`m sure that it cant be too high, I feel it is definitely worth it as it tastes soooo good. I worked it out that for a 410gm tin it has 7 syns and divided into 5 portions then its about 1.5 syns each portion. Plus the cheese and milk, which can be either your healthy choice a or syned. I`d take a guess at each serving having approximately 3 syns each.
Cheesy Pasta Bolognase Bake - Serves approx 5,
Syn Value - approx 3 syns per serving
200gm 5% lean mince
1x tin of macaroni cheese
200ml of skimmed milk
1x tin of baked beans
1x tin of chopped tomatoes
1x clove of garlic, chopped
1x small onion, diced
A big helping of mixed veg or any veg you want to add
2x beef stock cubes
80gm grated cheddar cheese
500gm dried pasta of your choice
- Sweat down the garlic and onions
- Add and brown off the mince.
- Mix in tomatoes, baked beans, vegetables and stock cubes.
- Simmer together slowly for apporx 20 minutes or till juices have thickened
- Meanwhile cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Blend the tin of macaroni cheese with a hand blender with the milk.
- Place bolognase and pasta in apporprately sized dish and mix together.
- Pour blended macaroni cheese and milk mixture over pasta bolognase.
- Top dish with grated cheese.
- Cook at 200 till cheese bubbling and brown.
- Serve with salad or more vegetables.