My plan is to share with you some of the amazing tasting food that is available on the new Extra Easy plan. One thing you wont believe is that you can loose weight whilst tucking into these amazing meals.
This week I won the weekly food raffle at our group meeting and won all the ingredients needed to make Aloo Gobi on page 69 from the Jan/Feb 2015 issue of the Slimming World magazine.
The recipe below is not set in stone as to what you can put in it, get creative!! I included some mushrooms and peppers that needed using up from the fridge; just make sure that they are free foods and ideally S & P.
Ready in about 15-20 minutes
250gm dried long grain rice
175gm spring onions, sliced, reserving some to garnish
4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 tbsp korma curry powder
juice of 1 lemon
1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets
2 x 300gm cans small new potatoes in water, drained and thickly sliced
- Cook the long-grain rice according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, spray a deep frying pan or wok with Frylight and place over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry the onions for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook gently for a further 3 minutes.
- Mix the curry powder with the lemon juice.
- Add curry and juice mixture to pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes and 300ml of boiling water, cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender
- Serve with the cooked rice and garnish with the reserved onions.
Extra Easy FREE
I have to admit that the whole dish took alot longer than the advised time to cook, most probably because I may of not cut the cauliflower into small enough chunks! This dish is so filling and has the most amazing taste, you must give it a try!