Wednesday 29 October 2014

Zip Stix Review

By now I bet everyone is sick to death of Loom Bands?? Right??

I know I am, I am fed up of forever finding random bands around the house and am sure its a miracle that my hoover is still working after swallowing up enough bands to start its own lucrative band selling site on ebay!!!! Also I had the pleasure of having to clear up some cat vomit laced with 3 bands....lovely!!!

I openly admit that I am glad the loom band craze had died a death, but now what?? My boys have fallen in love with Zip Stix.

Set to be the new craze of the playgrounds, Zip Stix are an high speed, awesome new product which has been released in the UK just a few weeks ago.

Zip Stix will see you zipping for speed and distance plus testing your accuracy and skill at the same time.

Each Zip Stix is like a miniature version of the classic snap wrist bands. You have a launch pad to place your Zip Stix on, you them launch them to either race each other or try to destroy a obstacle created by you with the cones included in the larger packs.

The Zip Stix are available in 4 different pack combinations -

  • Single pack - containing 1 Zip Stix and 1 launcher only - RRP £2.99
  • Twin pack - containing 2 Zip Stix, 1 launcher and 3 cones - RRP £4.99
  • Stunt pack - containing 2 Zip Stix, 2 launchers, 1 ramp and 3 comes - RRP £7.99
  • Mega pack - containing 6 Zip Stix, 2 launchers, 2 ramps and 6 cones RRP £12.99

To make it more collectable for the kids the Zip Stix come in 4 teams which each have their own colour and Stix designs, 72 in total to collect.

There are 18 in each team and the teams are - Team Turbo, Team Zilla, Team Wild and Team Blaster.










With this horrible half term weather it was the perfect time for the boys to try these out.

 We received the stunt pack to try out so the boys had a Zip Stix each...phew, no fighting then!!



The concept is easy -
  1. Hold the launcher down with your left hand
  2. Hook your Stix over the red hook with the hole in the end, making sure that the Zip Stix logo is uppermost.
  3. Aim where you want your Zip Stix to go, be it up and over the ramp or aiming at a pyramid of cones.
  4. Gently press the logo down until you hear a slight click which is the Stix starting to curl up
  5. Let go and let the fun begin!! 
Alfie loved this and got the hang of it straight away but Jacob struggled and was at the point of giving up when he finally mastered it.

I can now see these being the new thing in our household as the prices allow the boys to get them with their pocket money. Stockists include Argos, Tesco, Toys`R`Us, Amazon and Smyths.

Check out the boys video they made whilst playing with their Zip Stix.


We were sent this product free of charge in exchange for a honest review. All opinions are our own.


Family Fever

6 comments:

  1. Gosh, my son would love those. I can see this being the next playground craze! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  2. my kids would love these. Not seen any around yet, so will keep my eyes peeled #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen or heard of them before but they sure look like a lot of fun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have a review to write up on this, we've struggled here with them and they've not fired my son's imagination. You've reminded me I need to try them again with him #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh oh... mine have yet to discover Zip sticks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The teacher in me HATES them haha. playground crazes are the bane of my life!
    Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete