I know I am, I am fed up of forever finding random bands around the house and am sure its a miracle that my hoover is still working after swallowing up enough bands to start its own lucrative band selling site on ebay!!!! Also I had the pleasure of having to clear up some cat vomit laced with 3 bands....lovely!!!
I openly admit that I am glad the loom band craze had died a death, but now what?? My boys have fallen in love with Zip Stix.
Set to be the new craze of the playgrounds, Zip Stix are an high speed, awesome new product which has been released in the UK just a few weeks ago.
Zip Stix will see you zipping for speed and distance plus testing your accuracy and skill at the same time.
Each Zip Stix is like a miniature version of the classic snap wrist bands. You have a launch pad to place your Zip Stix on, you them launch them to either race each other or try to destroy a obstacle created by you with the cones included in the larger packs.
The Zip Stix are available in 4 different pack combinations -
- Single pack - containing 1 Zip Stix and 1 launcher only - RRP £2.99
- Twin pack - containing 2 Zip Stix, 1 launcher and 3 cones - RRP £4.99
- Stunt pack - containing 2 Zip Stix, 2 launchers, 1 ramp and 3 comes - RRP £7.99
- Mega pack - containing 6 Zip Stix, 2 launchers, 2 ramps and 6 cones RRP £12.99
To make it more collectable for the kids the Zip Stix come in 4 teams which each have their own colour and Stix designs, 72 in total to collect.
There are 18 in each team and the teams are - Team Turbo, Team Zilla, Team Wild and Team Blaster.
With this horrible half term weather it was the perfect time for the boys to try these out.
The concept is easy -
- Hold the launcher down with your left hand
- Hook your Stix over the red hook with the hole in the end, making sure that the Zip Stix logo is uppermost.
- Aim where you want your Zip Stix to go, be it up and over the ramp or aiming at a pyramid of cones.
- Gently press the logo down until you hear a slight click which is the Stix starting to curl up
- Let go and let the fun begin!!
I can now see these being the new thing in our household as the prices allow the boys to get them with their pocket money. Stockists include Argos, Tesco, Toys`R`Us, Amazon and Smyths.
Check out the boys video they made whilst playing with their Zip Stix.
We were sent this product free of charge in exchange for a honest review. All opinions are our own.