As a Veterinary Nurse I am always being asked which pet is `best` to have with kids.
My answer is always...there isn`t a `best` pet; every family is unique so a cat may suit one family but not another.
My household pets consist of :-
- 2 cats. - Izzy who is 8 years old and my`first born` as she came along a year before my first son so is a real mummy`s girl!! She is a cross breed between a Bengal, Burman and a Snowshoe, I think she is beautiful but I am biased.
- Padddy, he is approximately 7 years old, we are not 100% sure as he was dumped on the doorstep of my veterinary surgery as a small kitten.
- 3 rabbits..well at the mo its 12 rabbits as I breed my girls and have 9 babies!!!
- Hazel and Pepe are mini rex`s and have the most beautifully soft velvet fur. I have bred from both of these girls. They have been the best mums and have had 38 babies between them so far!!!!!!
- Nemo, is a mini lop and the daddy of all the babies with Hazel and Pepe.
I would love to have a dog one day but don't have the time to train one properly at the moment with the 3 boys, but we will definitely be considering having a pup once they are older and all at school.
Here are a few photos of our clan. xx
|Pepe and Nemo|
|My beautiful Izzy|
|My 9 babies|
Not the best photo, I had hoped to photograph all 3 boys with all 9 rabbits but it was soon apparent that to get them all to sit still and look at the camera would be impossible!!!!!