Wednesday 1 January 2014

Welcome 2014!


Heya everyone and welcome to 2014.

I cannot believe where the last year has gone, it feels like only yesterday we were about to go for my 20 week scan and find out that we were adding another boy to our pack of two rugrats.

Unbelievably Benjamin is already 7 months and on the verge of crawling!!

Have you made any new year resolutions?

I have made 3 this year.

My first is that I have made the age old one of saying that I want to loose weight, but this year I mean it.

I am at my heaviest I have ever been and don't like it, I don`t want to be the chubby mummy who can`t get involved with their kids activities. I have set myself a target to loose at least 3 stone by Christmas with at least 1 1/2 stone by May which is Benjamin`s first birthday.

I plan to track my weight loss on here, I`m hoping it will give me an added incentive to keep up with it if you are all watching...eekk!!

My second resolution sort of hinders my first as there goes the slimming world membership and exercise class money!! The Wood household MUST try and be more frugal this year, hubbys hours at work have been cut down and my career as a Veterinary Nurse is in question so our financial start to 2014 is a bleak one.

To help me to start saving I am going to be joining my friend Natalie Collinson who you may know better as One Busy WAHM, she has started the 52 week challenge where you save an increasing amount of money per week over the course of a year, you could save £1,378 by this time next year!!!


Pop on over to her blog for more details of the challenge and get your free printable spread sheet to keep up with all the money you`ll be saving.

And my 3rd is to really try and increase and improve my blog posts, and hopefully run my first competition.
The boys got me a lovely new camera for Christmas so I would love to learn more about photography which will hopefully show on here!!!!

So here`s to 2014....lets hope we achieve all of our hopes and dreams and that this is the best year yet xxxxx




1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeni, Happy New Year!

    I love your resolutions - they are almost identical to mine - isn't that funny!

    Thank you so much for featuring the money-saving challenge - it's going to be a great year, and I can't wait to see all your upcoming blog posts!

    ReplyDelete